The iMac Pro is a high-performance all-in-one desktop computer developed and manufactured by Apple Inc. It was released in December 2017 and it’s powered by an Intel Xeon W processor with up to 18 cores. The 4K version you mentioned refers to the display, which has a resolution of 4096 x 2304 pixels.
The iMac Pro comes equipped with powerful hardware, including up to 256 GB of ECC memory, up to 4 TB of solid-state storage, and powerful AMD Radeon Pro graphics. It also features Thunderbolt 3 ports for high-speed data transfer and the ability to connect to external GPUs for even more graphical processing power.
This computer is aimed at professionals who need powerful computing capabilities for tasks such as video editing, 3D rendering, and scientific simulations. The iMac Pro is a premium product, with a high price point to match its high-end specifications.
Table Of Contents
iMac pro i7 4k Specs:
Here are the specifications for the iMac Pro with an Intel Xeon W processor and a 4K display:
- Processor: Intel Xeon W (8, 10, 14, or 18 cores)
- Memory: 32 GB, 64 GB, 128 GB, or 256 GB of 2666 MHz DDR4 ECC memory
- Storage: 1 TB, 2 TB, 4 TB, or 8 TB of solid-state storage (SSD)
- Display: 27-inch Retina 5K display (5120 x 2880 pixels) or 27-inch Retina 4K display (4096 x 2304 pixels)
- Graphics: AMD Radeon Pro Vega 56 or 64
Not all configurations are available in all countries. Performance claims vary by model and model configuration.
- Screen size is measured diagonally.
- Actual diagonal screen measure is 23.5 inches.
- 1GB = 1 billion bytes and 1TB = 1 trillion bytes; actual formatted capacity less.
- Size and weight vary by configuration and manufacturing process.
- Requires camera (sold separately).
- Requires microphone (sold separately).
- The displays on the 14-inch and 16-inch MacBook Pro have rounded corners at the top. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screens are 14.2 inches and 16.2 inches diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
- The display on the 13.6-inch MacBook Air has rounded corners at the top. When measured as a standard rectangular shape, the screen is 13.6 inches diagonally (actual viewable area is less).
- Wi-Fi 6E not available in China mainland. Requires macOS 13.2 or later in Japan.
- 4 x Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports
- 4 x USB-A ports
- SDXC card slot
- 3.5 mm headphone jack
- 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10GbE)
iMac pro i7 4k Display
The iMac Pro with a 4K display has a 27-inch Retina display with a resolution of 4096 x 2304 pixels. The display has a brightness of 500 nits and supports P3 wide color gamut, which provides more vivid and accurate color reproduction.
The 4K display of the iMac Pro is designed to deliver stunning visuals and sharp text, making it ideal for tasks such as photo and video editing, graphic design, and visual effects work. The high resolution allows you to see more detail in your work and makes it easier to work with multiple windows and applications side-by-side.
Additionally, the iMac Pro’s display features an anti-reflective coating that reduces glare and makes it easier to work in bright environments. The display is also factory calibrated to deliver accurate colors, so you can be confident that what you see on the screen is a true representation of your work.
iMac pro i7 4k Design
The design of the iMac Pro is sleek and modern, with an all-in-one form factor that integrates the computer and display into a single unit. The iMac Pro has a brushed aluminum finish and a thin profile that looks great on any desk.
The computer is housed in a 5mm-thick aluminum enclosure that is both durable and elegant. The 27-inch display has very thin bezels around the edges, giving the iMac Pro a modern, edge-to-edge look. The display is mounted on a sleek, adjustable stand that allows you to tilt the screen for the best viewing angle.
On the back of the computer, you’ll find a number of ports, including Thunderbolt 3 (USB-C) ports, USB-A ports, an SDXC card slot, and a headphone jack. There’s also a 10 Gigabit Ethernet port for high-speed networking.
Overall, the design of the iMac Pro is both functional and visually appealing, making it a great choice for professionals who need a powerful computer that also looks great in their workspace.
iMac pro i7 4k Processor
The iMac Pro is powered by an Intel Xeon W processor, with options for 8, 10, 14, or 18 cores. The Xeon W processor is a high-performance workstation-class processor that is designed to handle demanding tasks such as video editing, 3D rendering, and scientific simulations.
The high number of cores on the Xeon W processor. Means that the iMac Pro can handle multiple tasks at once with ease. Allowing you to work more efficiently and complete your projects faster. The processor also has a high clock speed, providing fast performance for tasks that require a lot of processing power.
In addition to the powerful processor. The iMac Pro also has a high amount of memory (up to 256 GB of DDR4 ECC memory) and fast solid-state storage (up to 4 TB of SSD), which help to further enhance its performance.
Overall, the iMac Pro’s Intel Xeon W processor provides a fast and reliable computing experience, making it a great choice for professionals who need a high-performance workstation.
iMac pro i7 4k Tech
The iMac Pro is a high-end all-in-one desktop computer that is designed for professionals who require powerful computing capabilities. It integrates advanced technologies to deliver a fast and reliable computing experience. Here are some of the key technologies found in the iMac Pro:
- Intel Xeon W processor: This is a high-performance workstation-class processor that provides fast performance for demanding tasks such as video editing, 3D rendering, and scientific simulations.
- AMD Radeon Pro graphics: The iMac Pro features AMD Radeon Pro graphics. Which provide powerful graphical performance for demanding tasks such as video editing, 3D modeling, and gaming.
- Thunderbolt 3 ports: The iMac Pro features Thunderbolt 3 ports. Which provide fast data transfer speeds and the ability to connect to high-performance peripherals such as external hard drives and GPUs.
- Retina display: The iMac Pro has a high-resolution Retina display. Which provides a sharp and clear visual experience for tasks such as photo and video editing, graphic design, and web browsing.
- MacOS operating system: The iMac Pro runs on MacOS, Apple’s proprietary operating system. MacOS is designed to be easy to use, intuitive, and optimized for Mac hardware.
- Advanced security features: The iMac Pro includes advanced security features. Such as hardware-based encryption, secure boot, and firmware passwords, to help protect your data and keep your work secure.
These are just a few of the key technologies found in the iMac Pro. By integrating these advanced technologies, the iMac Pro provides a fast and reliable computing experience for professionals who need a high-performance workstation.
iMac pro i7 4k Price And Warranty
The iMac Pro was first released in December 2017 and is no longer in production. The original starting price of the iMac Pro was $4,999. However, as the iMac Pro is a discontinued product. The current price of a new unit will depend on the seller and any available discounts.
In terms of warranty, Apple typically provides a one-year limited warranty and 90 days of telephone technical support for its products. The warranty covers defects in materials and workmanship and may be extended through the purchase of AppleCare, Apple’s extended warranty program. The exact terms of the warranty will depend on the specific iMac Pro model and the country in which it was purchased.
It’s worth noting that the iMac Pro is a discontinued product. So it may be difficult to find a new unit for purchase and the warranty coverage may be limited. If you’re considering purchasing an iMac Pro. It’s a good idea to research the specific model you’re interested in and verify the warranty and support options available.
iMac pro i7 4k Pros And Cons
The iMac Pro is a high-end all-in-one desktop computer that provides powerful computing capabilities and a sleek design. However, like any product, it has its pros and cons. Here are some of the key advantages and disadvantages of the iMac Pro:
- High-performance processor: The iMac Pro is powered by an Intel Xeon W processor. Which provides fast performance for demanding tasks such as video editing, 3D rendering, and scientific simulations.
- High-resolution display: The iMac Pro has a high-resolution Retina display. Which provides a sharp and clear visual experience for tasks such as photo and video editing, graphic design, and web browsing.
- Sleek design: The iMac Pro has a sleek and modern design. With a brushed aluminum finish and a thin profile that looks great on any desk.
- MacOS operating system: The iMac Pro runs on MacOS, Apple’s proprietary operating system. Which is designed to be easy to use and optimized for Mac hardware.
- Price: The iMac Pro is a high-end desktop computer, and its price reflects this. It may not be an affordable option for everyone.
- Limited upgradability: The iMac Pro is an all-in-one computer. Which means that its components are integrated into the unit and cannot be easily upgraded.
- Limited connectivity: The iMac Pro has a limited number of ports. Which may not be enough for users who require more connectivity options.
- Proprietary technology: The iMac Pro uses proprietary technologies, such as MacOS. Which may limit its compatibility with other software and hardware.
These are some of the key pros and cons of the iMac Pro. By weighing these factors, you can determine if the iMac Pro is the right choice for your computing needs.